ok, thanks Oleg...

I was going to use the approach for my URLLoader complete event handler
function, I was hoping to keep things a bit neater and just pass the .data
through to my Cairngorm Command.

What are your thoughts on the idea?

something like this...

private funtion loadXML(path:String) : void
{
   var myReq : URLRequest = new URLRequest(path);
   var myLoad : URLLoader = new URLLoader();

   var completeHandler : Function = function (evt : Event) : Type { //
handle data load  }

  myLoad.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, completeHandler)
  myLoad.load(myReq);

}

Cheers,
Nick