In my application I have a applicationControlBar at the top of the
screen and a space to load different modules below. In a module that
needs a faster scroll speed, I add an event listener in the init
handler...

             private function onInit():void
             {
                 addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_WHEEL,
onMouseWheelEvent);
             }

Then the code posted previously is called whenever a
MouseEvent.MOUSE_WHEEL event occurs. This works great and my users love
it.

Flex generally has a delta of +5 and -5 depending on direction of the
mousewheel. The code either adds or subtracts fifty depending on the
direction so the delta will now be either -55 or +55 which is a much
larger jump than 5.

HTH.

Steve

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, dorkie dork from dorktown
<dorkiedorkfromdorkt...@...> wrote:

> where are you adding this? can you supply more details?
>
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 8:27 AM, valdhor valdhorli...@...wrote:
>

> >             private function
onMouseWheelEvent(event:MouseEvent):void