Hi,

I'm trying to get my head into the Flex (3) component architecure and am
reading through the source code of mx.controls.DateField. I've noticed quite
a calls (eight of them) to addEventListener but there are none to
removeEventListener.

Is it not important to clear up after yourself?...

"It is a good idea to remove any handlers that will no longer be used. This
removes references to objects so that they can be cleared from memory." -
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=events_05.html

So; when I create a DateField, a number of event handlers are attached to
it, so if I remove that DateField from the stage, are the event handlers
still attached and therefore the DateField is referenced by these handlers
and therefore won't get GD'd ?

Mmmm....

Cheers,
Nick