There’s a bug like that in Flex 3.5.  Older and newer versions don’t have that
problem.

On 6/3/10 1:56 PM, "Angelo Anolin" <angelo_ano...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I am finding some issues when I am trying to change a combobox's data provider.

I have a checkbox that would trigger whether a combobox would use an
xmlListCollection of all Locations (xmllcAll) or an XMLListCollection of just a
subset of locations (xmllcSubset).

In the change event of my checkbox, I have defined:

private function checkBox1_change(e:Event) :void
{
  if (e.currentTarget.selected == true)
  {
    comboBox1.dataProvider = xmllcAll;
  }
  else
  {
    comboBox1.dataProvider = xmllcSubset;

By default, the comboBox's default dataProvider is the xmllcSubset.  When I
tick the checkbox, I expect that the data for the combobox should now map to
the data for the xmllcAll variable.  The comboBox does not get the proper
values.  Is there anything that I need to do to refresh the comboBox and make
the values that appear on the list those that were in the the proper
xmllistcollection?

Thanks.

Angelo

--