Ok, this is a much bigger issue than I thought it would be this time.
The autogenerated objects regenerate with the wrong variable types.  I
don't know of a work around either...  When it generates the objects it
shows the wrong variable type but it won't let me set it.

If I have a coldfusion object with type object as the parameter, then
assign FB4 to that CF object, it runs a query against it to see what the
variables are in that object.  There's something very wrong with the
variable detection on larger objects (~15 fields).

If I try to run a refresh on the dataservice call it still does not
detect the object correctly.  If I go into the object's .as file I see
that it's wrong, if I modify the file to the correct type it regenerates
with the wrong data.  Where is it pulling this from?  Is it re-running
the query?

Also, if right click on the dataservice call in FB4 there's an option
for "configure input type".  If I select this it just shows my bad
object; not the object contents.

Is there a quick way around this issue?

 Thanks.

 sj