You may need to call super.listData

On 6/26/10 5:52 PM, "Rajan" <ilikef...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I created itemeditor

public class TextInputFieldEditor extends TextInput
{
private var _listData:BaseListData;
private var _dataGrid:CheckBoxDataGrid;
private var _dataField:String;
private var _columnIndex:int;

public function TextInputFieldEditor()
{
addEventListener(FocusEvent.FOCUS_IN,onFocusIn,false,0,true);
super();
}

override public function get listData():BaseListData
{
return _listData;
}

override public function set listData(value:BaseListData):void
{
_listData=value;
_dataGrid=value.owner as CheckBoxDataGrid;
_dataField=(value as DataGridListData).dataField;
_columnIndex = (value as DataGridListData).columnIndex;
}

private function onFocusIn(event:Event):void
{
this.maxChars = (_dataGrid.columns[_columnIndex] as
CustomDataGridColumn).maxCharaters;
}

but when i click on the datagrid to edit the field, the correct value is not
displayed in the cell. It shows [object ServicePlnVO]. Though itemrender
displays correct value.

Any pointers.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> , Alex

--