We're dynamically instantiating components 1 or more times in our application
depending on user inputs. In some instances, the component's DataGrid decides
not to render. I know the DataGrid IS there because it can be accessed and can
have its height manipulated, accept additions to the dataProvider
(ArrayCollection) and we can see the surrounding UI elements react to these
manipulations.

I tried to use:
DataGrid.invalidateList()
DataGrid.invalidateDisplayList()
in a variety of ways (even with an ENTER_FRAME) and they seem to have no effect
on getting the DataGrid to render itself.

In this buggy state, a copy of the exact same Component is instantiated with
the exact same logic and renders its DataGrid fully.

If anyone else has found encountered this "shy" DataGrid behavior please let me
know.