Ok, problems when using ViewStack are often related to the “deferred instantiation” behavior of the Viewstack.

Do you understand that, by default, the contents of non-visible views in a viewstack DO NOT EXIST until the user has navigated to that view?

If your remote object declaration, or some control that the data call depends on, is in a non-visible view, search the archives (or just look about 5 messaged down) for “creationPolicy”

Tracy

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Husain Kitabi
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 12:17 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] remoteobjects

For single page applications my remoteObjects work well.. My problems come when I use viewstacks.

I am not sure if I am declaring my remoteservices in the right place. At the mo, i do it in the canvas where my form is.

Regards

Tracy Spratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Perhaps this example, based on the examples in Flex Explorer, will help.

http://www.cflex.net/showfiledetails.cfm?ChannelID=1&Object=File&objectID=18

Tracy