Did you test every thing from the CFC side of things to?
Making sure the CFC is getting the correct arguments?

I would put some code like this at the beginning of your function in the CFC...

{all cfarguments and vared variables here....}

<cfset var myArgs = "">
<cfsavecontent variable="myArgs">
<cfdump var="arguments">
</cfsavecontent>
<cffile action="write" file="c:\flexTest_#getTickCount#.html" output="#myArgs#">

{rest of function here}

This will let you know if the function is being called the same way
both times....

Your code looks OK at first look BTW.
I am presuming the CFFunction is returning a Query?

A way to see what you get back is....
in the "doResultGetTechEvents" function....

for(var i in result){
trace("i = " + i);
for(var o in result[i]){
trace("o = " + o + " :: result[i][o] = " + result[i][o]);

About now I can hear the question I asked when I first started with
flex (about 4 months ago...) "How do you see the trace statement
results?"
You can down load a version of flashplayer that writes the traces to a
file called "flashlog.txt"
The MM site has instructions on this...
you can then see what the Flex app is getting back...

HTH

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM