Hi scott,

Thanks for the link, this only seems to format the 'string' when I focus out
the field... What I'd like is on every key press, the entry field validates
the character at each position... So taking this as an entry format...

DD/MM/YYYY, or perhaps I should write it as #0/#0/0000 where a # represents
an optional number and 0 means any number.

The users can type 10 and if they type 7 as the third character, it
automatically puts in the slash character and uses & as the fourth
character, typing slash now should pad out the month into 07 and then the
next 4 numbers would represent the year...

I'm after a data entry filter to help the users not enter invalid entries.

Thanks,
Nick