I would create a custom component that has all of the features of the milestone
encapsulated. ie. The plus button, the label, the datagrid, the add and remove
tasks buttons etc.

I would also have a custom component comprising of the datagrid and its sub
components.

All you would need to do when someone clicks the add milestone button is to
create a new instance of the custom component and add it to the display list.