Have a look at "textInputStyleName" style
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform//reference/actionscript/3/mx/controls/ComboBase.html#style:textInputStyleName

-------------

<http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform//reference/actionscript/3/mx/controls/ComboBase.html#style:textInputStyleName>
.textInputStyleName {
            border-skin : ClassReference(null);
}

<mx:DateField
        textInputStyleName="textInputStyleName"
        selectableRange="{{rangeStart: new Date(2006,0,1),
        rangeEnd: new Date(2006,2,15)}}"/>

--
Best regards,
Andriy Panas