hai john
    say i have a flex site for online shopping... i need a search feature for the products... say i type the product name and it should fetch me the details about the product and all the links associated to it... so for this i need a search engine to be integrated with the flex site... how can i do this?

John Dowdell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nithya R wrote:
> i would like to know if flex supports any third party search engines like mondosearch etc... .net supports mondosearch , likewise what are the search engines that flex supports...

When you say "support", what do you mean?

I think Matt may have read this as "is static text in a Flex SWF read by
search engines", and results are mixed here... some engines definitely
read it, as you can prove at Google by searching on "checkout
filetype:swf" or similar terms.

But if you're looking to offer local search within your own work, then a
lot depends on whether your text is stored in the SWF or in a database
or web service, what type of interface you'd like to display results in,
etc.

Or if you're looking to issue a standard web search from within a Flex
presentation, then that can be as easy as constructing an URL.

When you say "support", what do you mean? If you'd like to offer a
search form within your presentation, then what would you like it to
search...?

jd

--
John Dowdell . Macromedia Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://www.macromedia.com/go/blog_jd