2 things that I am trying to set with the DateField tag...but no
success:

script:
        function formatDate(date:Date):String{
                return dateFormatter.format(date);
        }

code:
<mx:DateField
    id="dateMiseService3"
    text="31 December"
    monthNames="['Janvier', 'Février', 'Mars',
                 'Avril', 'Mai', 'Juin', 'Juillet',
                 'Août', 'Septembre', 'Octobre',
                 'Novembre', 'Décembre']"
    dayNames="['L', 'M', 'M', 'J', 'V', 'S', 'D']"
    dateFormatter="formatDate"
    valueCommitted="formatDate"
    width="110"/>
<mx:DateFormatter id="dateFormatter" formatString="DD MMMM"/>

1 - How to get selected a date by default in  the TextInput field.
If I use the attribute "text", I have no display.

2- If I select a date using the datechooser (using French months and
days), the selected date shows an English date in the textinput. How
to get it in French?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM