I think you should be able to achieve this through the use of a special
annotated

        <id name="myid" type="long">
            <annotation name="DMS">
                <item name="strategy">SEQUENCE</item>
                <item name="generator">my_generator</item>
            </annotation>
        </id>

Check out the doc on the model xml element "ID"

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/LiveCycleDataServicesES/3.1/Modeling/WS1B079AAC-29F9-4394-8180-468BD205AAEF.html