Hi Alex,

I do not use the RichTextEditor inside a <mx:text> i use its output as input
to mx:text (htmlText)

When i set a style like this:

  RichTextEditor
{
textAreaStyleName: 'rteStyle';
}
 .rteStyle
{
font-size:26;
font-family:Arial;
color:#000000;
}

<mx:text> does not display anything (text is there - you can select and
paste it somewhere else but it looks ... tiny (ie < 1 pixel height per line
of text))

I think what breaks it is the combination of font-familt : Arial and the use
(elsewhere) in the Application of an Embeded font (which is the default
across the application)

2) When using embeded fonts, the embeded font appears in the RichTextArea
font dropdown but if i seitch to a different one (lets say Arial) and click
a second time on the drop down the embeded font is missing

3) settings default values via an embeded style (see previous example)
sometimes initializaes the RichTextEditor to the correct values (in this
example font size 26 black) other times you need to type at least 1
character inside the RichTextEditor for it to display the correct values
(default are shown before you type in the first char)

Thanks,
Fotis