While it may be possible to do this all from FB, for this app, some
middleware would help to make the app more robust.  Check out Adobe's
ColdFusion.  There are a few good CF courses on Lynda.

--Bill

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of George
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 4:39 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Is this possible with Flex 4?

Hey guys!

I love this group...I've read a lot of good conversations here.

I have a question for you guys. I'm just starting my journey in Flex (been
through the Lynda.com training) and I want to create an application like
this:

1) Allows the user to add any number of websites to a navigation bar
2) Allows the user to enter information like Name, email, username, and
password.
3) When the website is clicked on from the side nav bar, a different part of
the screen will automatically go to the website's registration page and
auto-fill in the right info (for example, let's say this page:
http://questionland.com/signup) and click the button to sign up or register
4) When a different button is pressed, it logs into their email, reads all
of the emails, and clicks on all of the activation links

Is this possible with Flex? And if so, how (can you guide me to some
resources at least)?
I know how to do parts 1 and 2. I'm not sure whether flex has the capability
to interact between Flex and a website's registration form. I also don't
know if Flex can be coded to read through email and click the activation
link.

Any help would be truly appreciated!!!!

Thanks so much!