Is this an mx:List?  It will attempt to write the dataField to the labelField.
You may need a custom ITEM_EDIT_END handler.

On 8/9/11 8:04 AM, "Martin Moschitz" <mar...@moschitz.at> wrote:

Hey there,

I can't figure out the problem, maybe you can help me out.

My List has an ArrayCollection as a DataProvider. It contains objects with a
number of properties, amongst others:
AktID, AktName, AktPrice, etc.

I have an itemRenderer which is also the itemEditor. I set the
itemEditorDataField to "data". Now, whenever I edit the AktName, it gets
overwritten with the whole object. Anything I am not seeing here?

<mx:HBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>
<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
private var _data : Object;

override public function set data( value : Object ) : void {
super.data = value;
_data = value;
if ( data != null ) {
AktName.text = _data.AktName;
AktPrice.text = _data.AktPrice;

override public function get data() : Object {
return _data;
}
]]>
</mx:Script>
<mx:TextInput id="AktName"
  width="150"
  textAlign="left" change="_data.AktName=AktName.text"/>
<mx:Label id="AktPrice"
   text="25"
  textAlign="right"
  width="40"