From: Haykel BEN JEMIA <hayke...@gmail.com>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Restrict access to an API to only allowed applications

Thanks Claudiu,

I have found a PDF of the presentation and on page 4 it says the following
about protecting sensitive data through embedding:

* Most decompilers don’t look at embedded data.
* Given that SWF is an open file format, nothing is really stopping them from
doing this in the future.
* Useful for quick/dirty storage of WebService credentials.

So this is definitly better than storing the keys in plain text format, but
still easy to crack.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Haykel Ben Jemia

Allmas
Web & RIA Development
http://www.allmas-tn.com

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:33 AM, claudiu ursica <the_bran...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>You can embed the keys instead of keeping them in plain site.
>

>check this session I think you will find some useful stuff:
>http://tv.adobe.com/watch/360flex-conference/encrypting-flex-protecting-revenue-by-andrew-westberg/

 API to only allowed applications. The best option I found is to use
2-Legged OAuth where applications would get a consumer key and a secret
key. The problem here is that SWF files can be easily decompiled and the
 keys extracted. My questions here are: