Yeah... I'm aware of that setting. under
window>preferences>run/debug>launching>Continue launch if project contains
errors.

I've set that to prompt but it's not the cause of the problem.

I see there's another setting "Luanch operation" mine is set to "launch the
selected resource or active editor. If not launchable: launch the
associated project"
instead of "launch the previously launched application"

What is yours set to?