All,

We have, up until now, used webservices to check for server-side notifications...we just poll (I know, I hate polling!).  We'd like to move to something more asynchronous, but I thought I'd ask the forum for their recommendation.

I know there is some kind of method in AS for making an HTTP request...we could have a servlet that would accept that request, hold onto it until some data comes in, and then finally respond to the request.  Of course there are probably time-out issues that would have to be side-stepped.

That's about the only sol'n I can see being possible right now.  I'm not very familiar with RMI and Remote Objects, but can this technology be used asynchronously in Flex?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks.