Michael,

In my deliberations as to whether to stick with Flex or not, I weighed the
likelihood of a successful open-source Flex community. And, I must say I am not
as hopeful as you. For one, we already seen how people failed to find interest
in Open Laszlo. Second, the best and brightest contributors of open source
communities often do so with the motivation/hope that one day their open-source
project will be bought out by a major company and the top contributors will be
duly compensated at that time. Well, who is going to buy out open-source Flex
when it has already proved a failure to be a profitable product line for a
major company?

Ron