There only 3's advatanages and disadvantages:

Pros:
Customizable to distingish itself; ex, cancel button is red in color.
More personalize for different applications  rather than using boring theme
style.
Unique-ness

Cons:
Incurred more CPU processing
Increase memory consumption for using Bitmap images.
FXG is too verbose, complicated skinning code. It's better to use AS3.