Geoff,

Not literally Zero data, but blank data.

I modified the following simple example from StackOverflow to show what you
can do... see the link, and then the modified code below.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3233357/flex-extending-x-axis-on-linechart-for-unknown-future-data

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- charts/BasicLine.mxml -->

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>

<mx:Script><![CDATA[

 import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;

 [Bindable]

 public var expenses:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection([

 {Month:"Jan", Profit:3000},

 {Month:"Feb", Profit:""},

 {Month:"Mar", Profit:""},

 {Month:"Apr", Profit:""},