Print the target as well.  The target is likely changing and thus, the
coordinates local to that target.

On 6/28/12 10:11 AM, "Jake Churchill" <reyna...@gmail.com> wrote:

Guys and Gals,

I'm working on a charting app where we draw things over the chart (trend lines
and stuff).  The problem I'm running into is the mouse events are not
consistent.  For example, I'll be drawing and the mouse events come through
with their Y position jumping up to the top, then back where it should be.  In
the example below, local is localX, localY and stage is stageX, stageY.  In
this example, I was dragging from somewhere in the middle basically straight
down (a little to the left).  Notice the Y values freak out and go way up to
the top, then come back to where you'd expect them.  This is following a mouse
move event.  Any clue what might be causing this?

Traced Mouse Positions:

MouseEvent (local):  (350,213)
MouseEvent (stage):  (350,293)

MouseEvent (local):  (350,215)