Very clever.

I'm curious if you'd care to share any experiences or gotcha's with
this approach?

In practice, can you rely upon the HtppService returning or generating
an error? Or do you need some sort of setInterval function which
occasionally resets things.

Are there any timeouts accross the entire stack that one would need to
be aware of.

Are there any issues with the servlet thread poor that arise in practice?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM