From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Manish Jethani
Sent: 10 October 2005 17:52
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Datagrid bug, two rows selected at the same time.

On 10/10/05, Allen Manning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <mx:DataGrid
>
> …
>
> selectedIndex=" { helper.getSelectedIndexInDatagrid(
mFilterProvider.filteredData ) }"

> 'filteredData' is a property of my filtering data provider.  I databind to
that so that the function gets called as the data comes in from the server
side, or when client – side filtering happens.

[...]

> The data loads, the first item is selected and the selecteItem property of
the view gets populated.  If I try to select another row in the datagrid,
the 0th selected row stays selected.  Two rows highlighted at the same time.
Note: the mutlipleSelect property is not set to true.  I move my mouse over
the 0th row and the selection disappears and all acts like normal.

Are you using the FilteredDataProvider class that I had written?
Sorry I've been so bad at supporting this.  People have reported
problems with DataGrid selection when a FilteredDataprovider is used.
I don't have time to look into it right away, but here's a hint: you
might want to look into the DataProvider class (which
FilteredDataProvider extends).  Last time I fixed a problem by
overriding the getItemID method from the API, so see if that works for
you.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM