It seems to come from Movieclips that aren't clonable.

Is there a way to clone these objects?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephane De Jonckheere
Sent: vendredi, 14. octobre 2005 11:29
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] [Clone] Cloning UI object

Hi,
I'd like to clone an instance of a custom UI component (a panel with a lot
of components in it).
I tried the "copy" furnished by ObjectUtil, I corrected it as described by
Darron Schall. But it wasn't giving the expected result.
The fact is that even if the object is copied in a new instance, there are
missing things (while debugging):
- functions associated to events
- stuff contained by the panel is copied but they aren't displayed

I also tried homemade clone function but they all give the same result.

I know that I can create a new object which will create its content when
being contruct. That's certainly what I will do ;) .
But I'd like to know if it's possible to REALLY copy/clone an UI object and
if if can be reinserted with a createchild function.

Regards,
Stephane

*******

the system manager to [EMAIL PROTECTED]