Matt,

As to the example, I will look for it, but just some
feedback for the future, I think this is one of those
things that's important to fix (unless I'm
mis-understanding).  You guys are extremely busy I'm
sure, but this is just feedback.

When somebody is referring to an example, in most
cases they are a intermediate or beginner, looking to
adopt use of the technology after being convinced it
is the right way to go.

They are usually interested in doing two things: (a)
getting that darn project to open/compile/run, (b)
looking at the code to see program flow.

It's hard to do (a) when code is in multiple locations
and in different builds; and it can be frustrating for
some.

I greatly appreciate Sho and others willingness to
want to put more of the Showcase examples online, and
it would be nice, if possible and if you have time,
to, in addition to fixing the below issue in the next
release, to have an index from the "Showcase" url, to
other examples included in the release; i.e. both a
link to a running example and the source code
download.

Here's that url to the showcase examples just in case,

http://labs.macromedia.com/wiki/index.php/Showcase

Note, the Flickr example (the last one) has download
to source code while the others do not (although I do
know this is different from Sho's examples; btw,
absolutely love the videos).

Thanks much for your consideration of this.

Btw, If you feel like it, perhaps you can flag my Beta
request if you feel i'm the type who is qualified.  I
can assure you, as a freelancer, I have plenty of time
to spend loads of time working with the beta, and
being able to type 80 words a minute, I'm able and
wiling to provide a lot of quality feedback on
important issues.

-r

--- Matt Chotin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think the restaurant finder sample went out with
> the alpha, it uses a
> WebService except that the code for that webservice
> is sitting on a
> server somewhere and wasn't shipped.  But if you
> look at the Flex 1.5
> samples in FlexStore you can see how to set up a
> Java webservice (look
> at the wsdd files etc).
>
> The standard Java webservice library is Axis:
> http://ws.apache.org/axis/.  There should be some
> getting started guides
> there and I'd bet that they've got suggestions on
> how to do some
> development in Eclipse.
>

> Matt
>

> ________________________________

site+design+development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+des

ign+and+development&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+prac
> tice&c=5&s=166&.sig=L-4QTvxB_quFDtMyhrQaHQ>
>
> Computer software development

b+site+design+development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+d

esign+and+development&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+pr
> actice&c=5&s=166&.sig=lvQjSRfQDfWudJSe1lLjHw>
>
> Software design and development

Web+site+design+development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software

+design+and+development&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+
> practice&c=5&s=166&.sig=1pMBCdo3DsJbuU9AEmO1oQ>
>
> Macromedia flex

development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Software+design+and+deve

lopment&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+best+practice&c=5&s=1
> 66&.sig=OO6nPIrz7_EpZI36cYzBjw>
>
> Software development best practice

w1=Web+site+design+development&w2=Computer+software+development&w3=Softw

are+design+and+development&w4=Macromedia+flex&w5=Software+development+be
> st+practice&c=5&s=166&.sig=f89quyyulIDsnABLD6IXIw>

> web.
>
> *      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://farechase.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM