Hello Stephane,
It seems like setting resizeEffect on the panel is causing this bug.
Remove resizeEffect="Resize" from the "searchPanel" then switching to
the base state (currentState to '') should work. I have already logged
the bug in the bugbase. Thanks for finding this issue.

-Ashish

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM