My Flex application is based on Cairngorm 0.99.
Main application includes several custom components and those have
own ViewHelper to render themselves.

Let's assume two of custom components, CompA and CompB.
CompA has a <mx:Image> in it, and it has moveEffect setting.
CompA also has definition of several <mx:Effect>.
ie)
<mx:Effect name="a" ... />
<mx:Effect name="b" ... />

I'd like to change this effect to another one from a ViewHelper of
CompB.
To accomplish this, I tried following code.

=====
var curImage:mx.controls.Image =
mx.core.Application.application.canvas1.viewstack1.panel1.viewstack2.s
electedChild.childDescriptors[0];  // Image object

curImage["moveEffect"] = "b";
=====

It seems that the moveEffect isn't changed, and no error at runtime.

Am I wrong on my code?
Does anyone have good solution for this issue?

Thanks,
Keishichi

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM