TIP: Hit "New Message" when you want to start a new message, then paste
the mailing list address in. (When you hit "Reply" while reading Matt's
message, you got hidden within that thread about minutes-long scripting
routines.)

Robert Thompson wrote:
> Since there are some smart guys from Macrmedia on here
> I wanted to just ask if they've heard any complaints
> about Flash Player 8 not working in SBC Yahoo Browser?

I haven't. I did a quick web search, but the Yahoo help section doesn't
say which browser it's built upon, nor list anything quickly visible
about Netscape Plugins (or ActiveX Controls, if based on IE/Win).

Best troubleshooting: Do the usual some-or-all-sites test (if they can
see other SWF but not your SWF that's a clue)... after that it would be
researching just what the SBC Yahoo Browser actually is, and what it can do.

(I just expanded my websearches from Yahoo to the net at large, and some
users report that it is built upon IE/Win, which raises the
possibilities of XP SP2 controls, popup window controls, or general
permissions issues for new installs... try the "some or all browsers"
test to see if your site works in IE/Win on their machine, etc.)

jd

--
John Dowdell . Macromedia Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://www.macromedia.com/go/blog_jd

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM