Thanks all for taking time to detail out the issues.
Lots of good info to digest, and research.

I especially get Anatole last point about remembering to focus on DB design as well in the early stages.
I think that is as important to nail down initially as it is to get the application look and feel, and in most cases affect how the application look and feel can be achieved.

I think I need to get on a team that has some experienced Java Enterprise Devs ! !

- superabe