From: "Courtney Couch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:17 AM
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Lazy loading components

I was using objects to be inclusive of components and objects as you
defined. (Coming from Java background, everything is an object ;) )

The problem with the flex compiler trying to take care of load order is that
if the path through the application is any one of hundreds of paths, then it
seems that the compiler lacks the psychic ability to determine the optimum
order to compile the objects/components in.

The loading SWF's may be a solution based on the object structure being
interoperable as you've stated.

The problem with building and re-factoring as need be is that the process of
building a large application costs money in human resources and technology
needs to be evaluated in the theoretical phase before embarking on a long
expensive effort only to find out that it won't work.

As rebuilding everything using flex 2 would undoubtedly take my guys months
to do, just "trying it out" to see is not really a cost effective solution
unless some sort of preliminary evaluation as to methods to avoid potential
bottlenecks in user experience has been handled.  A pilot would have to be a
rather large project to even begin to experience the problems it seems may
occur with flex 2 (which would be an obvious benefit ajax designs would have
for large apps).

Even aside from even any specific commercial usage, it's good to know
potential limitations in technologies available.

Anyways, loading swf's, while it feels to me it breaks good consistent
design, may be the best solution for anything large.

Thanks for your input; I'll play with the swf loading a bit.

-Courtney Couch
www.courtneycouch.com