I guess you could put in quite a long note(instructions) broken up into small bits.

-sam

On 11/9/05, Manish Jethani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi flexcoders,

There's a prompt property in the ComboBox control in Flex 1.5.  The
value can be either a string or an array (I bet you didn't know about
the array bit ;) )

e.g.

  <mx:ComboBox dataProvider="{['1', '2', '3']}" prompt="-select one-" />
  <mx:ComboBox dataProvider="{['1', '2', '3']}" prompt="{['a', 'b', 'c']}" />

In the second example, the items 'a', 'b' and 'c' get displayed in the
dropdown list as "prompts".

Has anyone ever used prompt as an _array_?  What was the use-case?
(Reply only if you've used it as an _array_ in a real application.)

Manish

--
l33t f3lx h4x0r
m4cr0m3d14