From a cairngorm View Helper you should usually use syntax like:

mx.validators.Validator.disable(view, "modelName.elementName");

There isn’t really a “current document” in flex, the first argument you need to provide is just a reference to the document that the <mx:Model> you are validating against was declared on. So from a view helper, the ‘view’ property does this.

-Mike

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Libby
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:25 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Question about Enable / Disable Validator

Ok, further testing makes me think that my "pointer" to the current
document is not always good. I am getting it by using
mx.application.application.objectName.objectName...   Is this the
wrong way to do this, is there a better way to get to the current
document? I apologize if this is a dumb question as I am pretty new to
Flex development.

Thanks,
Libby