Thanks Manish. I appreciate your logic re the prompt and am keen to do
it the
 model-view architecture way. I just do not know how to handle the
result of the CF query
As I explained at the beginning of the thread I want to replace my
current
<mx:ArrayCollection id="cities"
source="{mx.utils.ArrayUtil.toArray(ContactService.getCities.result)}" />
approach with one that allows me to do addItem

My attempts to date have ended in failure
e.g.

public function citiesResultHandler(result:Object) {

public var myIList:IList = new
ArrayCollection({mx.utils.ArrayUtil.toArray(ContactService.getCities.result)});

// The function to change the collection, and therefore the Array.
myIList.addItemAt("All Cities", 0);

}

Any chance you could point out the errors in the above function

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Manish Jethani

http://us.click.yahoo.com/WpTY2A/izNLAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM