I have a history with EJB which is as long as is feasibly possible (I
was involved in the development of the actual EJB spec all the way
back at version 0.4!).  I am with you on the future of EJB.

Our applications tend to be the "new wave" architecture where we run
inside Tomcat using POJO's, standard persistence layers, etc.  That
said EJB3 tends to match that model a lot closer then ever.

I am also with you on the natural migration of the Java developer into
Flex and RIA's in general.  RIA and Flex in particular is something
the serious business developer has been waiting on for over 8 years
now.  That said, most Java devs have been so throttled by HTML and so
focused on the back-end development we have a lot to learn from the
Flash crowd in terms of user experience.

As I said, the sweet spot is having really good folks on both sides of
the fence, a good development approach on how to get those two groups
working together cohesively, and proven success.  Right now being able
to bring all of that together is pretty scare.  It also explains
seeing folks like us coming into this community.

--
Dave Wolf
Cynergy Systems, Inc.

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: 866-CYNERGY

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Mykola Paliyenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> [...]
suitable
> for generating interface between Java and Flex. People in flex team are
> really hapy that they do not have to maintain their Delegates and
> ValueObjects any more, since they are maintained dynamically.
> I'm a Java programer myself and I found that Flex is much more
closer to
> Java developers familiar with web mvc frameworks than to the Flash
> developers. Also it is very funny to read about Flex EJB integration
> samples since EJB is deader than dead. It's strange but the only stuff
> I've found about Spring2Flex is SpringBeanAdapter library. It would be
> interesting to have a poll about what Java server techology people use
> for a backend. I will be very surprised if it will be EJB.
>
> Regards, Mykola
>
> Dave Wolf wrote:
>

> > For those of you coming from a Flash background and are wondering what
> > the heck an EJB with XDoclet annotations using a Velocity template to
> > generate a stub for a POJO are......
> >

> > Say hello to your distant cousins the Java programmer.  I think you're
> > going to see lots more of them.  I also reccomend you make them your
> > friends.  Its going to be tough to pull off major Flex development
> > without a good Java geek or two in your pocket.
> >
> > --
> > Dave Wolf
> > Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> > Macromedia Flex Alliance Partner
> > http://www.cynergysystems.com
> >
> > Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Office: 866-CYNERGY
> >

> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Mykola Paliyenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Jim,
> > > For my current project I've implemented ant codegeneration for
> > >

> > >    1. Generate actionscript pojos from java pojos
> > >    2. Generate client-side actionscript business delegate from
that same
> > >    interface (for cairngorm framework)
> > >
> > > I cannot share the code since it is project specific but I can
share the
> > > idea. The implementation itself is very easy if you are familiar
> > with Java.
> > >
> > > I'm using XDoclet2 <http://xdoclet.codehaus.org/> as a generating
> > tool. The
> > > templates are written in Velocity but they are very simple. To
determine
> > > which classes to generate I'm using IValueObject empty interface. I
> > do not
> > > use EJB I use Spring with Hibernate and thus I generate
delegates for my
> > > Java services that are placed in a Spring context. I have a
> > convention that
> > > all my service interfaces called I<SomeName>Manager and I convert
> > them to
> > > the <SomeName>Delegate with the same package. That is all.
> > >
> > > If you know exactly what you need to generate it will take you a
> > couple of
> > > days to get introduced into XDoclet and create your tool. Good luck.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > --
> > > Best Regards,
> > > Mykola