Thanks for the help... but I just figured it out. Both methods, although having different return types, were accepting exactly the same object (a complex object). Guess this caused the same method to be called on the server side. We are experimenting with XFire, so it must be a bug perhaps.

Dimitrios "Jimmy" Gianninas
RIA Developer
Optimal Payments Inc.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carson Hager
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 11:55 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Re: Web service question

Dimitrios,

Does your app allow you to invoke this method using http?  It would be invaluable to see the soap request to determine if the correct operation is being invoked.  You likely already have a tool to inspect the soap payload.  If not, tcptunnel from Axis is a very easy to use tool to do just this. If you haven't set this up, I can walk you through it.

Carson

Carson Hager
Cynergy Systems, Inc.
http://www.cynergysystems.com