Hi all,

Has anyone here seen an issue where the label of a menu item that is
dynamically updated is not refreshed until the user mouses over the
menu item again?  (This is in Flex 1.5.)

Details:
What I am trying to do is to build a dataProvider which has a menu
item like this:

                <mx:XML>
                        <menuitem label="View">
                                <menuitem label="{getLabel(someVar)}"/>
                        </menuitem>
                </mx:XML>

When the someVar changes, the binding is triggered and the getLabel
function should get called, updating the label.

This almost works, but after someVar changes (and the binding is
triggered) if you click on the menu again in the menubar you see the
old value as the label of the menuitem *until* you mouse over the menu
item, at which point you see the updated value as a result of the
getLabel call.

My assumption is that I need to get a handle to some component and
invalidate it myself or something--but I'm wondering if anyone knows
whether there is a clean way to do this (or at least what the cleanest
workaround is)...

Thanks,
Peter Armstrong

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM