From: "Douglas Knudsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] getting coordinates of dropped item

another undocumented variable, eh?  Being non-Flash person, I find it
irritating that none of this is in the Flex docs.  Perhaps is never
shall, perhaps it shouldn't, dunno.  I suppose I can find all these in
the generated AS files, eh?  Anyhoooooo.....

target._xmouse appears to give the mouse position relative to the
container deing dropped on.   so target._xmouse appears to be
equivalent to containergettingdroppedon.parent.mouseX. I was looking
for the coords of the actual dragproxy.  Both, all rather, of Jesse's
DragManager["_dragProxy"].

DK

Douglas Knudsen
http://www.cubicleman.com