Indeed he is! :-)

However... with regard to the fix, I seem to have spoken to quickly.

Although adding the FormAuthenticator valve fixed the immediate
problem I was experiencing, it seems to also cause other issues
(again, this only appears on IE).

My application has a polling thread that periodically calls a specific
URL.  With the FormAuthenticator valve enabled, the behaviour
'appears' to be that the HTTPService is called, the response handler
is fired, but *the server never receives a request*.

What makes it even stranger is that the response handler has a valid
response definition.

My hunch is that setting the disableProxyCaching=false is working
against me in this case and only the first call is ever making it to
my servlet.

Make sense?  Any thoughts?

...Col