From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jaime Bermudez
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:03 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] URGENT Problem on Flex installed on BEA WebLogic

I couldn't find a way to turn on classloader tracing (at least I didn't see anything in the weblogic 8.1 docs), however I think the problem may be in the setup.  My fop.jar, batik.jar and other supporting files (i.e. avalon-framework-cvs*.jar) are in the WEB-INF/lib directory of the app server.  The flex jars, including all of the batik-*** files, are located under WEB-INF/flex/jars.  From what I understand about the prefer-web-inf-classes parameter, it loads jars under the WEB-INF directory before loading jars that are part of the weblogic server classpath - in my case the fop jars are NOT in weblogic's startup classpath.  So, I'm guessing the fact that both sets of batik jars are under the WEB-INF directory, albeit in different subdirectories, is why the app still has a problem loading.

Does that sound right?  Where do you keep your fop related jars and do you load them at the server level as opposed to the application level?