Thanks for the info Sree, very useful.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sreejith Unnikrishnan
Sent: 14 December 2005 17:37
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: Local data access in Flex

Nick,

Yes, you can take the XML embed approach.
Yes, you can create a projector. You have to be just careful about the dependant resources including the XML.
You might have some issues. I have not been able to move the exe to a different folder and succesfully run it.

Tip: right-click and select play from the contect menu. For some reason it does not initialize on its own!

Check out the \Flex Builder 2 Alpha 1\samples\flexstore\flexstore.swf
This uses a \Flex Builder 2 Alpha 1\samples\flexstore\data\catlog.xml file.

You will have a better idea how this works!

Sree

weeksie31 wrote:
Sree,

By offline I mean the data is not on the web server running the flex
app.

Is it still possible to use the embedding xml approach, with remote
flex app and local data?

PS The flex app doesn't have to execute on a web server for my
requirements, is it possible to run v2.0 as a local flash projector
type app?

Cheers,

Nick