Thanks Martin. I think I see what you're saying, but unfortunately, I
don't think proxying is a viable option: we have somewhere in the
neighborhood of 50 model classes (many of which have this type of
cyclic relationship) and we're trying to implement a generic solution,
so we'd have to implement a proxy for each of these model classes.
Even if we can up with a generic ModelProxy class, we'd have to
refactor all of the model touchpoints in our application .... which
would essentially amount to a rewrite.

If we can't come up with a solution, what we'll have to end up doing
is actually requerying all of the data after we save it in order to
repopulate the model with the sequence-based primary keys and such.
However, this is an ugly solution, and I'd like to be to update the
model when we save.

Thanks again, but any other suggestions?

Jim

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.QUssC/izNLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM