weeksie31 wrote:
> I need to evaluate the ability of a flex app to read from xml files
> stored locally (local disk/network).
> Is this at all possible?  Anyone know of any blog entries etc that
> discuss offline flex usage?

Currently, "Flex" lives on the server, perhaps during authoring, but I
suspect you're asking about how the Macromedia Flash Player, when it
plays within a browser, can access the local hard drive. This might be
possible, depending on where the SWF is at the time, what types of
permissions you set, etc. Much more info is in the total Player security
overview:
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/flash/articles/fplayer8_security.html

Generally, the easiest way is if all your data comes from the same place
-- if you're only accessing through one of the four sandboxes -- but
there are ways to handle various types of inter-machine communication
securely, too.

Nick Weekes wrote:
 > As well as info on Central + Flex 2 for Offline RIA's, Id like to
hear from
 > the Adobe ppl on Apollo + Flex integration.  Is this going to replace
 > Central, or co-exist?

I haven't seen any announcements about Central, particularly since the
alpha Flex 2.0 announcements were made.

You may have noticed the recent talk about the Apollo project, scant as
the current data is. Here's an overview of what we know so far:
http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd/archives/2005/12/cahill_on_apoll.cfm

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd

Most low income homes are not online. Make a difference this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/5UeCyC/BWHMAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM