hello flexers,

  With my flash Jabber app the TextArea has different colors and fonts
 for each chat user and even the messages where color  coded using a
 CSS file which looked like this:

  message {
  color:#FF0000;
  font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  font-size: 12px;
  display: block;
}

tofrom {
  color:#FFFFFF;
  font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  font-size: 12px;
  display: block;
  background-color:#FFCCFF;
}

 Could I do something like textArea.message?

 A Jabber message body looks like this:

 textArea.text +="<tofrom>["+connection.getJID().split("/")[1]+"

I was wondering how this could be done inside a flex textArea GUI.

Dan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM