I'm hoping that someone from product management might have a chance to
address this but we've been awfully busy.  Please be assured that there
are active discussions internally about the right way to release this
functionality to the public and we are not going into this with the goal
of screwing over your existing workflow.

We're still in alpha and figuring things out.  More details will be
coming.

Also for what it's worth I do see in our internal class definition
NetConnect.addHeader, but it is considered an undocumented function for
the general Flex release since it is meant for Flashcom.  If you check
the Flash MX 2004 docs you'll notice NetConnection has very few
documented functions, the additional functionality is in the Flashcom
docs which we are not duplicating.

Matt

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.QUssC/izNLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM