i did start the same discussion earlier too but still in confusion

On 12/17/05, Renaun Erickson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As for a summary, Peter breaks it down pretty well.  We have actually
confused to issues together:
1.) "AMF protocol versions"
2.) "Flex 1.5 styled RemoteObject in Flex 2"

Details on the 2 issues:
All AMF protocol versions should work as Flash Players progress.  This
is what has happened in the past and has been stated what will happen
in the future.  So the actual protocols will work.  The
component/class wrappers change over time.  And then it comes down to
Adobe making the choice of which component/classes end up in there
class packages.

The 2nd issue is about the classes/components that provide the means
and methods of connecting and using the protocols.  Between Flex1.5,
Flex2, Flash MX, Flash 8 etc... there have been different
implementations of classes and/or components.  Personally one of the
nice features of Flex has been the Data Services components (Flex 1.5
term, in Flex2 they are called RPC services as Data Services refers to
new methods of connecting to data, which means I will refer to
RemoteObject by RPC Services from now on out).  The RPC services,
RemoteObject, HTTPService and WebService components/classes have
gotten a overhaul in Flex2 Alpha to facilitate the new AMF3 feature.
Please also note that the Flex2 components/classes are not final.  Ok
here comes the main concern of certain people and that is the lose of
out of the box components/classes that can be used to connect to AMF
version 1/2 gateways the same way they do now.  Logically all one
would have to do is create such a component/class, this is what I am
looking into.  Please note that this is not a solution but more of a
migrating tool and that we really should consider moving to Flex2's
new version/component/classes when possible etc...

Its the drastic change of how Flex2 handles AMF connections that is
probably causing all the confusion.  As it uses a destination in the
client RemoteObject level that is mapped to a configuration file that
then is mapped to a channel.  This method is roughly called the
"Adapter" method?  We'll see implementations of using this method come
forth for all of the current AMF implementations.  Once this happens
some of these issues should be alleviated a little.

Someone else might be able to say it more elegantly, but here is my
take on the summary.

Rea

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Farland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All,
>
> I think people are mixing issues. 1.) "AMF protocol versions" and 2.)
> "Flex 1.5 styled RemoteObject in Flex 2" are completely separate issues.
>

> 1. AMF 0 and AMF 3 both work in AS3, AVM+ flash.net.NetConnection as
> we've heard on this thread over and over.
>

> 2. Flex 1.5 styled RemoteObject calls. The issue here is not really AMF
> 0 or AMF 3. There are several points here that you're raising (that
> people seem to be confusing with AMF 0):
>
> a.) Ability to point RemoteObject to an arbitrary endpoint that isn't
> necessarily Flex Enterprise Server 2.
>
> b.) Send Flex 1.5 styled requests (not AMF protocol specific
> consideations here, but things like headers, credentials, etc) to legacy
> endpoints.
>
> c.) Support for Flex 1.5 (well, actually we're really talking about
> Flash Remoting MX Components 2004) data types such as
> mx.remoting.RecordSet.
>
> I cannot discuss implementation details until a public Beta of Flex
> Enterprise is released. Please contact Phil Costa off list if you need
> to discuss any of these in detail before then.
>
> I can tell you, however, that Flex 2 Data Provider API is considerably
> different. I believe the mx.remoting.RecordSet API as it stands in Flex
> 1.5 is an inadequate data provider for Flex 2 components.
>
> How were you using RecordSet? Did you bind it directly to a data grid?
> Also, how were you constructing these on the server? CF Query objects?

jignesh dodiya