I agree with Ray that it seems odd with everything else that Flex makes
it easy to do that validation is as complex as it is, even though it's
not _that_ complex.  Personally, I think that the best thing to do would
be to offer the option of doing things either way.  That way, if you
want to do more complex validations on a field, you can write your own
custom validation function that parses the array, but if you just want
to do simple validation, you could set a property, maybe
autoValidate="true", on the mx:Form or the mx:Button control that would
do simple validation automatically.  Honestly, I think things like Drag
and Drop and History are considerably harder to hand-code, and we have
managers for those that make it considerably easier.

- Zach

http://us.click.yahoo.com/u8TY5A/tzNLAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM